Since 2009, Pioneer has led the campaign against Common Core national education standards and federal control of K-12 education policy, publishing a series of reports showing that the state’s adoption of national standards weakens the quality of academic content in Massachusetts’ classrooms, and raising serious questions about the legality and the costs of Common Core.
Common Core Facts
Claims and Facts about Common Core
- Cogs in the Machine: Big Data, Common Core, and National Testing
- A Republic of Republics: How Common Core Undermines State and Local Autonomy over K-12 Education
- The Road to a National Curriculum
- Summary: The Road to a National Curriculum: The Legal Aspects of the Common Core Standards, Race to the Top, and Conditional Waivers
- Controlling Education from the Top
- Study Finds Common Core Math Standards Will Reduce Enrollment in High-Level High School Math Courses, Dumb Down College Stem Curriculum
- Imperiling the Republic: The Fate of U.S. History Instruction under Common Core
- How to Address Common Core’s Reading Standards: Licensure Tests for K-6 Teachers
- The Dying of the Light: How Common Core Damages Poetry Instruction
- Common Core’s Validation: A Weak Foundation for a Crooked House
- Lowering the Bar: How Common Core Math Fails to Prepare High School Students for STEM
- How Common Core’s ELA Standards Place College Readiness at Risk
- Review of Common Core Math Standards: Testimony to the California Academic Content Standards Commission
- Why Race to the Middle?
- Fair to Middling: A National Standards Progress Report
- The Emperor’s New Clothes
- National Standards Still Don’t Make the Grade
- Common Core’s Standards Still Don’t Make the Grade
Articles, blog posts, op-eds, press releases, and more!