2022 Hewitt Healthcare Lecture
On Sept. 22, 2022, Pioneer Institute held its 15th annual Hewitt Healthcare Lecture at Harvard Medical School. The keynote speaker was John Walters, President and CEO of Hudson Institute and Former Director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy. Walters discussed the causes of the fentanyl crisis, offers insights on the current state of play, lessons we can draw from our nation’s history, and recommended solutions to the ongoing epidemic. William Smith, Pioneer Senior Fellow and Director of the Pioneer Life Sciences Initiative, leads a question and answer session.
2021 Hewitt Healthcare Lecture
Pioneer Institute held its 14th Annual Hewitt Healthcare Lecture, Discovery, Development, Delivery: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the COVID-19 Vaccine, on May 17th, 2021. The Institute hosted two lively panels on the future of COVID-19 vaccine development and vaccine delivery, and what this experience could mean for the future of the life sciences and healthcare industries.
- Dan Barouch, M.D., Ph.D. (William Bosworth Castle Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard; Director, Center for Virology and Vaccine Research, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center)
- Dr. Andrea Carfi (VP, Head of Research for Infectious Disease, Moderna Therapeutics)
- Philip R. Dormitzer, M.D., Ph.D. (Vice President & CSO, Viral Vaccines, Pfizer)
- Michael Curry, J.D. (President & CEO, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers)
- Steve Walsh (President & CEO, Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association)
- Jeffrey S. Flier, M.D. (Harvard University Distinguished Service Professor; former Dean, Harvard Medical School)
- Pamela Layton (CEO, 4Immune Therapeutics)
2019 Hewitt Healthcare Lecture
The 2019 Hewitt Keynote Speaker, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex M. Azar II, engaged in an open-format conversation with Pioneer Senior Fellow Josh Archambault.
In the lecture, you’ll hear noteworthy remarks on a number of fronts: price transparency, opioids, HIV/AIDs, pharmaceutical pricing, protecting Medicare, and much more. We hope you enjoy the discussion.
Get Updates on our Healthcare Research!
Read More of Our Commentary:
As a small non-profit, we depend on the generous support of individuals like you to fund our important research and programs.