2021 Hewitt Healthcare Lecture
Pioneer Institute held its 14th Annual Hewitt Healthcare Lecture, Discovery, Development, Delivery: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the COVID-19 Vaccine, on May 17th, 2021. The Institute hosted two lively panels on the future of COVID-19 vaccine development and vaccine delivery, and what this experience could mean for the future of the life sciences and healthcare industries.
- Dan Barouch, M.D., Ph.D. (William Bosworth Castle Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Ragon Institute of MGH, MIT, and Harvard; Director, Center for Virology and Vaccine Research, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center)
- Dr. Andrea Carfi (VP, Head of Research for Infectious Disease, Moderna Therapeutics)
- Philip R. Dormitzer, M.D., Ph.D. (Vice President & CSO, Viral Vaccines, Pfizer)
- Michael Curry, J.D. (President & CEO, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers)
- Steve Walsh (President & CEO, Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association)
- Jeffrey S. Flier, M.D. (Harvard University Distinguished Service Professor; former Dean, Harvard Medical School)
- Pamela Layton (CEO, 4Immune Therapeutics)
2019 Hewitt Healthcare Lecture
The 2019 Hewitt Keynote Speaker, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex M. Azar II, engaged in an open-format conversation with Pioneer Senior Fellow Josh Archambault.
In the lecture, you’ll hear noteworthy remarks on a number of fronts: price transparency, opioids, HIV/AIDs, pharmaceutical pricing, protecting Medicare, and much more. We hope you enjoy the discussion.
Get Updates on our Healthcare Research!
Read More of Our Commentary:
As a small non-profit, we depend on the generous support of individuals like you to fund our important research and programs.