With the New Year fast approaching, here are 12 reasons to donate to Pioneer before the clock strikes 12:00 and ushers in 2018:
- In January, the Institute begins its national release of the documentary film, Big Sacrifices, Big Dreams: Ending America’s Bigoted Education Laws, which recounts the shameful history behind opposition to school choice and the impact on families in states across the union.
- In March, Pioneer will release a book sharing the best practices from Massachusetts’ gold-standard charter public school movement with other states.
- Pioneer’s examination of the University of Massachusetts’ reckless expansion plans prompted the Baker administration to revamp the decision-making process for state college and university capital projects.
- Pioneer is one of the highest-rated charities among the thousands ranked by Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent evaluator of non-profits, earning 4 out of 4 stars.
- PioneerEducation’s multi-year campaign to promote vocational-tech education prompted the state’s commitment to invest $50 million in the infrastructure of these schools.
- PioneerEducation’s social media work garnered half a million video views of the teachers, parents and students who make our charter schools excellent.
- Pioneer held 17 events big and small, but always informative, including a PioneerLegal reception with recently retired Justice Robert J. Cordy, who shared highlights from his 15-year tenure and thoughts on the future of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
- PioneerHealth’s report on Bridgewater State Hospital’s controversial treatment of mental health patients aided in advancing a state overhaul of the troubled facility.
- In our March 2017 volume entitled U-Turn: America’s Return to State Healthcare Solutions, PioneerHealth provided Congressional officials with reasonable ways to reform the nation’s healthcare system. (Psst: Rationality does not always win the day!)
- A bill on Beacon Hill now includes recommendations from PioneerHealth’s research supporting expanded scope of practice laws for medical professionals to increase access to healthcare and reduce costs.
- PioneerPublic led the way on MBTA improvements, spurring changes to the T’s financial management and operations, increasing investment in the core system and reducing the T’s operating budget deficit from $335 million to $30 million.
- PioneerPublic’s proposal to link Uber and Lyft’s ridesharing services with the MBTA’s paratransit system resulted in higher customer satisfaction and a two-thirds reduction in costs.
Time is running out to make your tax-deductible year-end contribution. Make a gift today!