https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/logo_440x96.png 0 0 Jim Stergios https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/logo_440x96.png Jim Stergios2010-06-02 17:46:382013-04-24 13:28:05National standards talking points
National standards talking points
Across the country, the NGA and the CCSSO will be using these talking points over and over again. They will say that the proposed national standards are:
1) Aligned with college and career expectations;
2) Internationally benchmarked against high performing nations;
3) Reflective of vital cross-disciplinary skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, logical reasoning, communication, and team work;
4) Fewer in scope and deeper in meaning; and
5) Clearly written and user-friendly to educators.
In Massachusetts, be prepared for them to focus on #4. Fewer they are right. Deeper they will claim.