Reports to: Annual Fund Director
Location: Boston, MA
Organization Overview and Opportunity
Pioneer Institute is a distinguished 501(c)3 non-profit free-market think tank with a proven track record of significant impact in Massachusetts and across the nation. Dedicated to non-ideological, data-driven research and a professional and non-partisan culture, the Institute’s mission is to develop and freely communicate ideas and public policy that advance prosperity and vibrant civic life. The Institute measures success as a thriving society in which citizens have access to excellent education, healthcare, transportation and economic opportunity. The Institute advocates for limited, accountable, and transparent government.
The Institute is well run and has a passionate staff, including recognized, first-class policy experts. For more information, please visit www.pioneerinstitute.org.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting donor stewardship and office operations. He or she will work closely with the Annual Fund Director, the Development Associate, and the Chief Operating Officer. This is a unique opportunity to work with one of the country’s most effective think tanks, especially for individuals with a deep interest in public policy and social impact. Duties include:
1. Donation processing
2. Fundraising tracking and reports
3. Support for in-person and online events
4. Preparing donor acknowledgements
5. Filing annual charity registrations
6. Office assistance activities
7. Additional support as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements
• Required minimum education: Associates degree (preference for the humanities)
• Preference for a minimum of one year of relevant experience
• Required demonstrable writing skill (preference for skills in marketing and public relations)
Essential Personality Traits & Skills
The Development Assistant must be deeply curious and driven, with a keen recognition of the power of ideas and demonstrable passion for Pioneer’s mission and work. The ideal candidate is:
• A self-starter who focuses on results
• Adept at building relationships, inspiring trust and confidence, and collaborating with colleagues
• Employs integrity above reproach, honesty, and directness.
Please Contact: Mary Connaughton at firstname.lastname@example.org