https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/credit-card-22.png 512 1024 Rebekah Paxton https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/logo_440x96.png Rebekah Paxton2019-03-01 14:59:212020-06-29 13:46:30Unions Are Not Progressive When It Comes to Their Members
Unions Are Not Progressive When It Comes to Their Members
This study finds that despite backing progressive taxation initiatives, Massachusetts teacher unions use regressive methods to collect revenue from their own members.
https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/SCOTUS.jpg 1412 2126 Kevin Martin https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/logo_440x96.png Kevin Martin2019-02-01 15:36:202020-06-29 13:53:59After Janus, Public Employers Must Obtain Informed Consent Before Collecting Union Dues or Agency Fees
After Janus, Public Employers Must Obtain Informed Consent Before Collecting Union Dues or Agency Fees
This reports explains that in most cases a written waiver is sufficient for employees to have union dues or agency fees deducted from their paychecks. The employee must be made aware of his or her right not to pay, and must not feel coerced or pressured to sign the waiver.
https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/smiling-teacher1.jpg 2290 1526 Rebekah Paxton https://pioneerinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/logo_440x96.png Rebekah Paxton2018-11-14 16:03:222020-06-29 14:05:23Where Do Teacher Union Dues Go?
Where Do Teacher Union Dues Go?
Just 16 percent of dues paid by the average member of a union affiliated with the Massachusetts Teachers Association (MTA) actually goes to their local association, while the remaining 84 percent flows to the state (MTA) and national (National Education Association) organizations.