Reports to: Annual Fund Director
Location: Boston, MA
Organization Overview and Opportunity
Pioneer Institute is a distinguished 501(c)3 non-profit free-market think tank with a proven track record of significant impact in Massachusetts and across the nation. Dedicated to non-ideological, data-driven research and a professional and non-partisan culture, the Institute’s mission is to develop and freely communicate ideas and public policy that advance prosperity and vibrant civic life. The Institute measures success as a thriving society in which citizens have access to excellent education, healthcare, transportation and economic opportunity. The Institute advocates for limited, accountable, and transparent government.
The Institute is well run and has a passionate staff, including recognized, first-class policy experts. For more information, please visit www.pioneerinstitute.org.
The Development Associate is responsible for important duties related to Board Director and donor stewardship, including grant writing, digital and other donor communications, and event planning. He or she works closely with the Annual Fund Director. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the country’s most effective think tanks, especially for individuals with a deep interest in organization building, public policy, and social impact.
1. Developing and executing digital marketing and e-solicitation communications
2. Strategizing and producing monthly and quarterly donor communications
3. Event planning and execution
4. Intern program oversight
5. Grant writing and reporting
6. Additional support as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements
• Required minimum education: Associates degree (preference for the humanities)
• Preference for a minimum of two years of relevant experience
• Required demonstrable writing skill (preference for skills in marketing and public relations)
Essential Personality Traits & Skills
The Development Associate must be deeply curious and driven, with a keen recognition of the power of
ideas and demonstrable passion for Pioneer’s mission and work. The ideal candidate is:
• A creative thinker and opportunity-finder, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency
• A self-starter who focuses on results
• Adept at building relationships, inspiring trust and confidence, and collaborating with colleagues
• Employs integrity above reproach, honesty, and directness.
Please Contact: Mary Connaughton at email@example.com.