- Award-Winning UK Author & Filmmaker Laurence Rees on the Holocaust, Auschwitz, and RemembranceJanuary 27, 2023 - 8:58 am
- The Debate Over Rent Control Re-Emerges Amid Housing CrisisJanuary 26, 2023 - 11:01 am
- D.C.’s Kevin Chavous on National School Choice WeekJanuary 25, 2023 - 11:23 am
- Introducing the Newest Members of Pioneer Institute’s Board of DirectorsJanuary 25, 2023 - 8:00 am
- Residents Rescuing Refugees: Welcoming Ukrainians Yearning To Breathe FreeJanuary 24, 2023 - 10:21 am
- Pioneer Institute Mourns the Passing of Tom BirminghamJanuary 21, 2023 - 8:17 pm
- Pulitzer Winner Prof. David Garrow on the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Civil Rights MovementJanuary 18, 2023 - 10:14 am
- Sinking U.S. Shipping: Ineffective Law Creates Waves for American EconomyJanuary 17, 2023 - 10:52 am
- First-of-Its-Kind Interactive Mapping Tool Reveals Extent of For-Profit Entities Benefitting from the 340B Drug Pricing ProgramJanuary 11, 2023 - 7:43 am
- Independent Institute’s Dr. Richard Vedder on Higher Education, Skyrocketing Tuitions, & the Student Debt CrisisJanuary 11, 2023 - 6:00 am
This week on The Learning Curve, Cara and Gerard talk with Kevin Chavous, president of Stride K12, Inc. and a former member of the Council of the District of Columbia, on the growing movement toward school choice in education. Chavous discusses recent Supreme Court rulings and the expansion of school choice programs, education savings accounts, and vouchers.
New Members: Michael Brown Since joining Battery Ventures in 1998, Michael has made, or managed, multiple investments spanning the enterprise software, financial-services, and technology-enabled business- services markets. Currently, Michael serves on the boards of AuditBoard, CarNow, Diametric Capital, GetYourGuide, Hummingbird, Istra Research, Joor, KeyMe, Mews, MX, Newforma, Nitro Software (ASX: NTO), Obie, Quinyx, ServiceTitan, Vidyard and Xenex. Michael is also a board observer for NorthOne and Shippeo and an investor in Next Insurance. Michael has also made seed investments in Fulcrumpro and LMX Labs (acquired by Coinbase) since 2020. Michael was previously involved with Battery’s investments in Bonfire (merged into GTY Technology, NASDAQ: GTYH); Digby (NASDAQ: PHUN); ExactTarget (NYSE: ET, acquired by Salesforce.com); IDI Direct Insurance (TASE: IDIN); J. Hilburn; […]
Host Joe Selvaggi talks with George Mason Law Professor, author, and immigration expert Ilya Somin about the newly announced Welcome Corps program which empowers Americans to sponsor and help relocate refugees from Ukraine and other places of war and persecution.
We at Pioneer Institute mourn the loss of Tom Birmingham even as we are thankful for having had the opportunity to get to know this kind and brilliant man when in office and later, when he spent several years as Pioneer’s distinguished senior fellow in education.
https://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/chtbl.com/track/G45992/mp3.ricochet.com/2023/01/TLC_DavidGarrow.mp3 This week on The Learning Curve co-hosts Cara Candal and Gerard Robinson are joined by David Garrow, who was Professor of Law & History and Distinguished Faculty Scholar at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, and is the Pulitzer-winning author of Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. Garrow shares his insights into the historical and religious context around key events and speeches in the life of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He examines the Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, as well as King’s famous speeches, including the “I Have a Dream” and “I’ve Been to the Mountaintop.” Garrow discusses Dr. King’s legacy for students and […]